Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome to My Blog

Greetings everyone. I'm excited to bring you the latest information in regards to rehabilitation, corrective exercise and fitness training. Learning is a passion of mine and I want to share my experiences as a physical therapist and trainer with the readers of this blog.

I most certainly don't know it all, so that is why I will gladly pay out of pocket to see some of the best educators in the country in the fields of rehabilitation and performance enhancement. I have had the opportunity to see presenters such as Gray Cook, JC Santana, Mike Boyle, Mark Verstegen, Alwyn Cosgrove, and Shirley Sahrmann to name a few. I also had the opportunity to train with Martin Langaas at the Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy in Burlington, MA. Martin is from Norway and is an amazing physical therapist who truly doesn't get the recognition that he deserves.

My focus on physical therapy and training changed in 2002 when I went to my first Perform Better seminar. I saw coaches such as Vern Gambetta and the aforementioned Mike Boyle and JC Santana. I realized that I didn't know a whole lot about functional exercise and that one seminar made a major impact on my training philosphy.

Hopefully, this blog will give me the opportunity to discuss the current state of what's going on in the fields of rehabilitation, fitness and performance enhancement.

No comments: